Thursday, May 21, 2009

Arizona Here We Come :-)

Buenos dias! We are starting the day in New Mexico and if everything goes as planned, we will end up close Arizona. My Spanish has improved greatly as we head across the state! As of this morning, we have cycled a total of 1881 miles in 16 days. I anticipate we will hit San Diego by next Wednesday or Thursday. I am anxious to get home to see my dogs, Bandit and Duke, and also to get back to work to see my patients and friends at Gentle Dental :-) We are still cycling on I-10 and will continue until we hit I-8, somewhere around Tuson, AZ. Then we stay on I-8 all the way to the Pacific Ocean!

Today's weather forecast calls for light rain and possible thunder showers. Hopefully it will not hinder our progress. We have had a couple of good days regarding flat tires, after having 4 flats on Sunday, 5 flat tires on Monday, we had only one flat on Tuesday and NONE yesterday! We stopped at a bike store in El Paso and bought 12 tubes and 2 patch kits, and also Mike bought a couple of "bomb-proof" tires. Our bikes are holding up quite well and we are thankful for that!

Keep the "tweets" coming as we hit the home stretch. It is great to stay connected to my friends and family! Ron

9 comments:

  1. It has been great watching You guys go. When You get to San Diego go and have a burger and a beer at Rockys Crown Point Pub in Pacific Beach. It is about 1 mile north of the end of I-8 and will be a great treat at the end of the ride. It is cash only and is on Ingram north past Sea World at La Plya.

    Stay out of the sun.

    Colin D Shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was the total time through Texas? I need my Blue Bucks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Texas transect. May you have mostly down hill to the coast. I second what Colin said, make that 4 beers, the first 2 should be guzzled without stopping for a breath, except for in between beers. I really hate giving all your exams and xrays to those other guys. Wilkes just hangs around Hygiene like a vulture. Take Care David, Mutsumi and Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting tired just reading how many miles you have ridden! Yes, we want to know the total hours across Texas! glad there are not so many flat tires. Hope Arizona is not too hot-it can be beastly to say the least! good luck. Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still waiting for the total hours it took you to get through Texas. Otherwise, I will assume it was 47 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of you boys! Will continue to pray for your safety. Love, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Milla, I will just do you a favor and clarify for everyone that it was exactly 49 hours. Great job! (wink, wink, just nod your head). What I want to know is how much weight youve lost..ie, are you more petite than before?? Keep up the good work! I am vicariously working out through you guy, phew! Take care, we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it 60 Minutes ? 24 ? 48 Hours ? LOST ? CSI ? It has to be one of those !!! Keep going, were all rooting for you !!!
    David, Mutsumi, Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since when did you start watching television? It must be 48 Hours :-)

    ReplyDelete