Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away...

Our Saturday forecast called for rain all day. We decided to ride anyway and made it 5 miles on I-10 in a downpour with thunder and lightening. We were rescued and spend the next several hours at a picnic area inside the trailer. After the rain stopped, we started cycling again around 3:30 pm and road until 6:00 pm, covering 54 miles for the day, burning only 3300 calories. Our total miles at the end of Saturday are 1,383 and we should reach the halfway point Sunday as long as we have decent weather and don't have any other unforseen setbacks. On a positive note, it was nice to have some cool temperatures after the storm.

Mike and I are both doing well. Our hands get the most sore, especially with all the rough roads. Looking forward to seeing the Pacific Ocean :-)

8 comments:

  1. Half-way home--good. Continue to ride safe. Love, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded Google 3D. I brought it to road level and there you were! It was like riding along side you. The head winds were not too bad and it was down hill. You make funny faces when you pedal. LOL. How many hours so far into Texas ? May your conditions be favorable, take care. David, Mutsumi and Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ron While I was toiling away in Roseville Roslynn (my beloved sweetheart) checked out your web site and the first thing I heard when I returned home was “that Dr. Milla is hot! What a killer body”. Do you know where I can buy a road bike? Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. When are ya going to get through Texas, ya big slug????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dr Ron-need another care package for the bum? Hope weather improves for Texas. Missed your singing at last staff meeting!Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad you didn't have any time to stop in Ft Stockton. There are some beautiful and active mineral caves in the area. You probably saw the signs. Been to WHATABURGER yet ? Safe riding.
    David, Mutsumi and Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ron,
    How is the Moots holding up. Any issues with your crank? I have forgotton how strong you really are. I am highly impressive now. Not that I wasn't before.
    Guess Who.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow nice information!!! i am very happy when did i see your blog.Really it's very nice information. I like your site!! I invite you to take a tour on my dayodental website for more details at Dentist In Mexico

    ReplyDelete