Monday, May 4, 2009

Ready to Roll

We picked up our driver at JAX and we are spending the night in St. Augustine at a RV site. No cushy WalMart accomodations this evening. Good eats though, marinated elk filets with angel hair pasta and fresh veggies. Cinco de Mayo will never be the same as we intend to start at 8:00 am local time tomorrow. We'll get some pictures before we take off, although Mike and I are still looking for a good excuse to get out of this insane idea (let us know if you think of anything!) Keep the "tweets" and blog comments coming. We are loving the support from you all!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Trails to both of you. Be safe and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was having my quarterly teeth cleaning when I found out about your adventure. I have been riding for the past two years, and would love to do a similar ride someday. At 65 it best be sooner than later. So will be real interested in your route and lessons learned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Can't wait to hear how the first day went! And I'm thinking you may have told me a story about a bike being thrown inthe ocean before....hmmmmmmm.....I'll have to keep jogging my memory! God's Speed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ron and Mike,

    It was great to talk with you today. I hope all goes well tomorrow and I don't envy you sitting on a razor blade for 135 miles tomorrow. Also, who will I mess with if you aren't at the office, Ron? Take care of him, Mike--I need him home to pick on him again.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete